• Japanese
  • Chinese

Accounting for greenhouse gas(GHG) emissions

Taikisha started to calculate the GHG emissions released from its upstream to downstream corporate operations in accordance with Scope 3 standard*1, an international standard for companies to calculate and report GHG emissions of the entire supply chain.
Taikisha received support related to supply chain GHG emissions given to individual companies and sponsored by the Ministry of the Environment, and calculated and disclosed GHG emissions in compliance with the “Basic Guidelines on Accounting for Greenhouse Gas Emissions throughout the Supply Chain” set out by the Ministry of the Environment and the Ministry of the Economy, Trade and Industry. In addition, Taikisha has publicly released its efforts on the “Green Value Chain Platform”*2 provided by the Ministry of the Environment.
GHG emissions consist of scope1, scope2 and scope3 as shown below.

*1. A standard established mainly by the WRI (World Resources Institute) and WBCSD (World Business Council for Sustainable Development) on calculating and reporting GHG emissions.

*2. Ministry of the Environment “Green Value Chain Platform”: http://www.env.go.jp/earth/ondanka/supply_chain/gvc/en/index.html

Conceptual Diagram of GHG Emissions Control in the Entire Supply Chain

Grasping the Level of Scope 1 and 2 Emissions

Companies are being required to reduce GHG emissions through business operations at construction sites and offices to help curb global warming.
Looking at Taikisha’s GHG emissions in FY2015, Scope 1 emissions, which are direct emissions from combustion of fuels, etc., were 1,642 t-CO2, and Scope 2 emissions, which are indirect emissions from use of electricity, etc., were 1,700 t-CO2. Taikisha will continue to work on saving energy at construction sites and offices.

Breakdown of Scope 3 Emissions

In FY2015, Taikisha’s total Scope 3 emissions were 3,201,715 t-CO2, of which emissions from category 11 (use of sold products) account for the largest portion at 91.7%, followed by emissions from category 1 (Purchased goods and services) at 7.2%. The sum of emissions from Category 11 and Category 1 accounts for 98.9% of the total. Considering that emissions from the operation phase of the facilities Taikisha provides are the largest across its supply chain, Taikisha will make greater efforts than ever to provide facilities and systems with high-energy-saving capabilities. In addition, Taikisha will further promote green procurement by cooperating with suppliers and continue to reduce construction by-products and to appropriately dispose of industrial waste, in order to curb GHG emissions from production, transportation, and disposal of materials and to help conserve the global environment.

Breakdown of Scope/Category

Page Top